Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sexual Chivalry

The topic of chivalry is often brought up when discussing a guy's dating style, but what about chivalry in the bedroom? Is there such a thing? Jasmine, Seven, Coco and I talked about just that during lunch today.

It came up as Seven was describing the different attitudes of the guys she has slept with. One particular guy who is a few years older than us that she is seeing is rarely very sexual with her. She says they've only had sex once and the usual extent of their sexual experiences is a good-night peck on the lips.

"Maybe he's just really traditional?" we offer.

"Something's got to be wrong with him if he's not trying to have sex with me," says Seven. She explains that his unaffectionate manner is starting to worry her and making her believe something is wrong with her.

Trying to help out a friend, I tell Seven about my experiences with Duckie. I realized recently that it was always me initiating sex. I know he loves it and is glad I make the first move, but it's a little disheartening being with a guy who doesn't have his hands all over you at all times. (FYI-I told Duckie that I wasn't going to initiate sex for the whole weekend and that if he wanted to make love, then he would have to take control...it totally worked.)

Coco seems a bit taken aback by our stories and says jokingly, "Oh man, y'all have got to meet my boyfriend then! I'll let you borrow him!"

It doesn't take much for Coco's boyfriend to make a move.

"Sometimes I'll just be sitting there and I do this *flips hair a bit while turning head* and my boyfriend's like 'Oh...babe...'"

Jasmine, on the other hand, is still reeling from the experience with Mr. Serious (see: Ladies Who (Talk Sex at) Lunch) where she got oral on the first date.

And who says chivalry is dead?

Love much,
Lavender

No comments:

Post a Comment