Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What If?

I'm sort of a contradiction when it comes to love. I would consider myself a hopeless romantic but also a cynic. I blame romantic comedies and the staggering divorce rates.

I find myself thinking, "I'm young, how can I know what I want for the rest of my life?" and "Yeah you're happy, but so were all the divorced couples you know when they first got together."

My conscience has yet to fail me so I try my very hardest to always listen to it. I think of my conscience as a completely different person entirely, who knows me better than anyone in the entire world, and always speaks the truth.

So imagine my surprise as I was walking home the other day, thinking about Duckie, when an honest, genuine, thought from deep within my gut came to me. It wasn't, "What if we break up?" It was, "What if he is the one for me?"

You know I finished that walk home with a goofy grin on my face.

Love much,
Lavender

No comments:

Post a Comment